This creamy spread is perfect on a cracker but equally delicious on vegetable pasta or toasted sourdough bread with avocado.
This recipe is taken directly from Ocean Greens: Explore the World of Edible Seaweed and Sea Vegetables.
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 0.5 ounces fresh dulse
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (including the stems)
- 1/2 garlic glove, minced
- pinch of smoked paprika
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1. Place the almonds in fresh water, cover, and set aside to soak for a couple of hours or overnight. Strain the almost. Then drain the sun-dried tomatoes, keeping the oil.
- 2. Thoroughly rinse the dulse, making sure any salt has been washed off. Dab dry and cut into pieces.
- 3. In a food processor, pulse together the almonds, tomatoes, dulse, basil, garlic, paprika, lemon juice, and a splash of reserved oil into a smooth spread. If it’s too dry, add a little more of a sun-dried tomato oil. If your food processor isn’t powerful enough to smooth the mix, don’t worry; a slight course spread tastes great, too!
- 4. This spread will keep in the fridge for one week in an airtight container
© 2023 Oregon Seaweed