If using corn tortillas, dip them lightly in the sauce to make them pliable.
Add about 8 ounces of bay shrimp or crab meat.
We used a mole sauce for one pan and a Suiza enchilada mix of sour cream and heavy cream and more green chiles for another.
- 8 ounces fresh dulse seaweed
- 6 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (heaping 1 cup) OR ricotta
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated (heaping 1 cup)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, grated (heaping 1 cup)
- 1 cup corn, dry roasted in a pan
- ½ cup chopped roasted green chiles
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 8-12 flour or corn tortillas, depending on size
- Sauce of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thoroughly rinse the seaweed. Pat it dry, then chop coarsely.
- Combine the cheese and set about 1 cup aside. Mix the remaining cheese with the seaweed. Add the corn, green chiles, and green onions.
- Spoon about one cup of filling onto the tortilla (depending on size of tortilla), then roll and place in a lightly oiled casserole dish. Continue until filling is gone. Top with sauce.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the enchiladas and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.